Do I Have an Obligation to Pay College Expenses in NJ?

Providing comprehensive legal representation in Union County and across NJ for over 30 years, attorney Edward S. Cooper ESQ discusses child support laws regarding college expenses.

Do I have an obligation to pay college courses?

A question a get numerous times is, Mr. Cooper do I have an obligation to pay college courses? In New Jersey we are a little bit unusual, New Jersey is always a little bit an unusual State. In this state of New Jersey, there is an obligation for the parents to assist the child or young adult for a college education. Most states, considering Pennsylvania, your obligation for child support or college terminates at 18. However, if you need to discuss that issue with me regarding college expenses, I ask that you reach out to my office and I can go over the various factors with you.

Retain an experienced Linden NJ Child Support and College Expenses Lawyer

To discuss your current situation regarding college expenses and help you find the answers to your questions, contact our offices today by calling (908) 925-9055 for a confidential consultation regarding your specific case.