Parent of Primary Residence (PPR) vs Parent of Alternate Residence (PAR)

Family Law Attorney serving clients across Union, Essex, and Middlesex Counties with offices in Linden, NJ

Attorney Edward S. Cooper is equipped with all of the knowledge and skill to help you in all Family Law related issues.

If you have doubts or questions about how does Child Custody work in the State of New Jersey, we encourage you to watch the following video where attorney Cooper talks about the two types of Child Custody.

How Does Custody Work?

Well, we have joint legal custody and primary physical custody, but we refer to it as PPR, meaning the Parent of Primary Residence which means that the person who is the primary caretaker of the child. That is the PPR Primary Parent of Residence. The other parent that is not the PPR is referred to as the PAR, the Parent of Alternate Residence. That does not mean that they do not have time with their children, of course, they do. When the courts look at it today now fathers are much more involved in the upbringing and the welfare and the raising of the children. This is now 2019, and the courts look at it almost on an equal footing between the mother and father when raising a child.

Retain an experienced Linden NJ Family Law Attorney to go over Child Custody and other family-law related issues.

I ask that if you have additional questions regarding family law, child support, custody, equitable distribution; I ask that you contact my office, schedule an appointment with my assistant Sherryl, my paralegal we will schedule an appointment and we will be happy to answer your questions.

To discuss your current situation and find the answers to your questions, contact our offices today by calling (908) 925-9055 for a confidential consultation regarding your child support and any family law-related issues.